Last night I had the genius idea to take the Silver Line.
Dear MBTA, It is not a line it is a fancy bus! And although I do appreciate the countdown to the next "bus" and the heaters in the stop, your signs to the silver line don't say anything about having to go outside and cross the street to find it!
Although I did meet a lovely homeless man while waiting for the silver bullet to appear. He hollered at me, "You are under arrest because God made you too beautiful," he then asked if he could "borrow" $20 from me....
After hopping off at my stop and wondering around for 20 minutes... lost in a snowy maze of the South End, I finally made it too the large, but cozy speakeasy joint to meet my ever so stylish friends for some Holiday Cheer!
Spending quality time with my friends has been quite sporadic lately. My friends here in Boston have jam packed calendars and the plane ride to visit my out of town friends is slightly higher than my unemployed student budget can afford. But, is there any better way to catch up with friends than over frothy glasses of sangria? I think not!
No matter how far away some of my friends might be or how infrequently I see them, every time I see them or talk to them over the phone it is almost like no time has passed. So how do you know when you have it the friend jackpot?
Let me bore you for a moment with some of my favorite "that is exactly why we are friends" moments of 2010...
1. When losing my 10 year old denim jacket this summer, KK. was as equally upset as I was and shared her own saddening tale of losing her favorite denim jacket.
2. Suze agrees with me that Jillian Michaels, Stacy London, and Nina Garcia are the PERFECT choices to have as celebrity best friends!
3. Ycats won't complain about forking over $10.75 to see a rom-com with a 12% rating on Rotten Tomatoes because she knows I am DESPERATE to see it!
4. The former McG. created operation O.N.S. Could you ask for a more supportive friend?
5. The "inventor of the cotton gin" and I speak in quotes from Pretty Woman and bust out dances from Sister Act 2 in bars without anyone picking up on the references.
6. ART supports my stalking of our former college classmates on FB... as long as we share the details/gossip.
7. Cinna wasn't offended on Halloween when I told her she should wear her red Wendy's wig every time we hang out!
8. When mid-sentence in a reference to the Hollywood sign in Cali, the Youngster shouted out "West Bev." Is there a more perfect reference to the 1993 graduation of the original Beverly Hills, 90210??
I never make resolutions for the new year... mainly because I suck at keeping them! But, in 2011 I setting aside time to suck down cocktails with my friends. Because how can I stay fabulous without their influence!?!?
So give your friends a call, send them an email, or toast to them with a frosty adult beverage... tell them just how FABULOUS they are!